Gerald studied Architecture at the University Of Wales Institute of Science and Technology (UWIST) gaining a Bachelor of Science in 1980 (RIBA Part 1) and Bachelor of Architecture with Honours in 1982 (RIBA Part 2 and 3). After becoming affiliated with the Architects UK Registration Board (ARB) in 1984 he has been a practising UK based Architect continuously for over 30 years.
1982 – Senior Architect at Gloucestershire County Council Property Services Department
1987 – Senior Architect at Barclays Bank Property Services Department based in Bristol.
1988 – Joined WF Johnson and Partners as Project Architect for the new Research Laboratory Building for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in Kent (where incidentally Viagra was invented!)
1990 – Joined ISG Pearce Group as Project Architect for a variety of projects including:
- b Central, (central) Birmingham 120 luxury apartments
- 30 affordable apartments, Tamworth
- MBNA Headquarters, Chester – Phases 1 and 3
- Deerhurst Nursing Home (60 bed), Bristol
- Philips Semiconductors Cleanroom, Stockport, Cheshire.
- Reconfiguration Centre, Taunton for British Telecom
- Stockwood Nursing Home (60-bed), Bristol
- Printing and packaging Facility I Offices, Bristol for Mead Packaging
- Design Centre, Philips Electronics
- NAAFI Distribution Centre, Amesbury, MOD
Later became Deputy Company Architect responsible for 20 Architectural staff.
2001 – Joined HSB Partnership Ltd. as Architect Director, establishing an Architectural team within an firm of Surveyors.
Gerald formed his own practice in September 2002, working freelance as Project Architect or Design Manager on over 120 projects to date including:
- 13 Affordable Houses – Burford
- 53 houses – Ross on Wye
- Sports Clubhouse and associated pitch works, Bristol
- 23 units sheltered housing, Devon
- 6 units sheltered housing, Devon
- Car Park refurbishment, Swindon
- Restaurant, shop and chapel for MOD, RAF Lyneham
- Refurbishments for Signpost Care, Crediton
- 6 No. Custody refurbishments, Hampshire
- Private house extensions
- Reception refurbishment, Swindon
- Archive and Post Room refurbishment, Swindon
- Nursery Extension, Swindon
- Football Club Extension, S.Wales
- Space planning and office refurbishments x 5
- Feasibility Studies – Research Councils, Swindon
- Gerber Juice – Bridgwater
- 10 apartments – Cheltenham
- 20 apartments – Cheltenham
- Office stairwell refurbishments x 2 – Swindon
- 6 Apartments – Stonehouse
- AWE Project, Aldermaston
- Rolls Royce Patchway
2011 – name change to Gerald Organ Architects
Gerald is married to Johanna and they have 3 grown up sons. He is a keen cyclist and mountain biker, as well as a lifelong motorcyclist and petrolhead. He also plays the cahon and drums, and is in 2 bands called My Tin Monkey and The Crockers Ash Scratch Band, playing gigs in the SouthWest.